Lady Gwen of Run Gwen, Run! Write Gwen, Write! issued me the Sweetest Blog Award and the Roaring Lion Blog Award back in September 2011. I’m embarrassed to say that it has taken me this long to accept my award. But as the saying goes, “better late than never.” So here it is. It is now my duty to pass on the torch and award other bloggers this award.
Roaring Lion Blog Award
First, here is the history of the Roaring Lion Blog Award. This award originated on September 1, 2011 by Gracie of I Am Writer...Hear Me Roar!
Gracie is a 17-year-old Canadian who loves to read and write. She describes herself a rebel of sorts and decided to create her own award to honor all those who are "awesome."
The thing about this award is that there are no rules. Her generous heart opened the award for others to give freely and acknowledge anyone who they feel should be recognized without limitations. All Gracie ask is that you post the picture. After all, she made it herself with Paint. So the effort deserves some recognition, don't you think?
Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award
I'm sorry that I have no idea who started the Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award. But the cake looks sweet and irresistible. So how can I resist not passing along the award. This one has rules. Here it is:
- Thank and link to the person who nominated you.
- Share 7 random facts about yourself.
- Pass the award on to some of your own deserving blog friends.
- Contact those friends and let them know.
This is the first time sharing random facts about myself. And I’m finding that this exercise is a lot of fun. It allows me to reflect on my past and my nuisances. Thanks again, Lady Gwen, for the awards!
7 things about me:
- I took my first swim lesson (ever!) in 2010.
- I’m a military (Navy) brat. But I've never moved around much like most military families. We pretty much stayed put in Hawaii….sad. I know.
- I used to be a hula dancer for tourist in Waikiki.
- I wrinkle my nose (like Samantha on Bewitched, played by Elizabeth Montomery...or Nicole Kidman for you younger generations) as a habit without even realizing it. If only I could do magic with my nose!
- I love cheese. All types of cheese- hard cheese and soft cheese. And even stinky cheese! But no artificial cheese please.
- I was in the movie Jade, starring David Caruso as an extra. You can see the back of my head in one of the scenes. In the 1996 TV Movie, “Lying Eyes,” you can see the front of my head.
- Some people will say I’m shy. I’m not. I’m just quiet. There’s a difference.
Okay, enough about me. Let's hear about you.
And the Award goes to…
- Praying Runner is a journal of one man's reflections, thoughts, prayers, and running. Praying Runner has dedicated all of his runs in memory of his loving wife. Read about his inspiring journey to run 50 marathons by age 50 as he spreads hope and the power of prayer.
- Next Stop: Our House Where the food is good and the company is better. Formerly of Feeding My Competitive Soul, she shares with us anecdotes, her workouts, home projects, and healthy recipes.
- One Mile More. Here is an inspiring pictorial journal of a runner...a Marathon Maniac! Mohan has been a team captain for Team In Training for 5 seasons and has ran numerous races- 31+ races in just 2011 alone.
Please stop by their blogs and find out more about them.